Managing people effectively means giving them the guidance, direction and feedback they need to accomplish their objectives and achieve the company's plan. Everyone needs a firm understanding of what they need to accomplish each day, each week, and each quarter.
Seek the sweet spot between micro-managing employees (which is annoying and too time consuming) and simply letting them figure it out on their own (which is far too risky). Exemplary people management brings out the best in your team members and rewards them with the career of their dreams, all in the service of building the company of your dreams.
A successful performance management program comprises the following elements:
- Company and department annual objectives
- Individual annual objectives (directly linked to company & department objectives)
- Periodic reviews
- Constructive feedback to enhance individual performance
- Recognition of accomplishments
- Individual Development Plans
- Developmental 360° feedback surveys
- Annual summaries of individual performance
- Performance Improvement Plans
- Corrective Action Plans
- Provide input for compensation and career progression decisions
groHR can help you design and implement the performance management tools and training to suit your unique culture and stage of growth. Contact us to get started.